Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, Viareggio Italy


I
I've fallen in love folks, and I feel like I'm cheating.  On Mexico!  
I've fallen in love with Italy!  Can you blame me with a view like this?  All kidding aside, I've rekindled my love for Greece and Spain but now I'm adding Italy to the group as well.  What a wonderful, beautiful place.  The people have been kind and helpful, the scenery is second to none, the food is to die for, the weather has been perfect.    And the wine is worth writing home about!

Now, no reading between the lines!  I really am referring to the country...not some new or old man.

For sure I will be returning to my beloved Mexico, but what a lovely diversion this has been. 



There has been a rumor of a train strike happening tomorrow and I am scheduled to head to Rome.  Latest word is that it's not happening but no one knows for sure.  I guess I'll find out in the morning.  The hotel here in Viareggio has assured me that I will know before check out time and that if I return from the train station I will be able to move back into my room.  Nice.  told they were friendly and helpful.

If I do make it to Rome I have decided to do a bit of a splurge....what?  another one?  and am staying in a hotel close to the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.  If I'm only going to be there for a few days I decided I should do it right. 

Monday I need to find my way to the port city of Civitavecchi , about an hour and a half away from Rome.  I'll overnight there and board the Noordam the following day for a 10 day cruise around the western Mediterranian.  The plan at this point is to then head to Milan and Venice and back to Rome for my flight home.  The original Plan A was to head to Spain and Portugal, but due to orders from my eye doc in Victoria I will only have 12 days after the cruise so I might as well stay in Italy.

I love the shops here...and today a huge market!  The Italian designers are awesome.   I broke down and bought a bathing suit...with cover-up.  Purple.  (Just what I need.....not!)

I've got my fingers crossed for you Reagh and Terry.  I sure hope your house sale goes through. 

Ciao per ora!   (Bye for now)  

No comments:

Post a Comment